FERROLI BOILER PROBLEM - OWNERS CONTACT ME HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELL,
I am gonna think twice when I post a thread.... Got a call this morning 7;30 a.m. disgruntled tenant the Ferrroli boiler has gone down. Met the plumber there at 9a.m. and it was leaking inside the boiler (sorry don't know tec jargon) Not an old boiler although I forgot to look at the date, will get the date it was installed later and post:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
I posted a reply which doesn't appear to have been to be posted. So here I will give a full update.
Get a call this morning disgruntled tenant Ferroli boiler has gone down.
At the property 9a.m. leaking heat exchanger. Boiler 4 years old AND today is now being removed. SO my reponse to an earlier comment THe cheap state who put in cheap boilers is now having the Rubbish removed and being replace by a top quality manufacturer. I trully hope Ferroli will read this I have made complaints to them in the past but to now avail. On another boiler complete system was installed after about 18 months we had problems called Ferroli their engineer came out and stated "that the rad in the kitchen must be left on" looking back I think there must of been some BS going on. If anyone wishes to collect a Ferroli 4 years old with leaky heat .. they are welcome to it.
Henry

You clearly dont see the difference between a properly installed boiler fitted by a competent qualified installer and one fitted on the cheap by *******s.

I do agree that a Ferrolli may not be one of the most reliable boilers but properly installed on a clean system they still give reasonable performance and I think they now have a five years warrantee. But that only applies if they are professionally installed and the Benchmark Certificate is completed.

I would be happy to pick up the old boiler and even give you £5 for it to see whats really wrong with it. I would also give a free appraisal of the newly installed boiler install.

Tony

Ferroli have in IMHO been a pretty lousey company to deal with I have seen comments were customers have had to wait weeks for spares from ferroli , installed a sigma a good while back , never did work for more than an hour in 2 weeks , 25 calls to ferroli, 5 i think service visits , a directly employed service fella was there for 5 hours still packed up , took it out inthe end & got a refund eventually ?

City plumbing are flogging em cheap at the moment , clearance sale , branch i go to have never sold any !!

should have got yourself a lamborgini boiler ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Hello Tony,
I am not using Cheap european labour.
I am using British Gas cert installers
If you would like to pick up my number is ******
Thanks
Henry

installed a ferolli boiler with a 5 year parts warranty 2 years ago. boiler packed up on monday night. contacted ferolli tuesday am. they denied all knowledge of my warranty. they quoted me £250 for part plus £130 for labour. my installer informs me that the part is £148 and takes about 10 minutes to install. as a single parent family on low income I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE YOU DO NOT BUY A BOILER FROM THESE COWBOYS.
ps. i intend to take legal action against them to recover the cost of parts that are under my 5 year guarantee.

So thats it folks FERROLI (Availible at all branches of Wickes!)
(The manager that told me they were selling Ferroli was embarresed!) :LOL:

installed a ferolli boiler with a 5 year parts warranty 2 years ago. boiler packed up on monday night. contacted ferolli tuesday am. they denied all knowledge of my warranty. they quoted me £250 for part plus £130 for labour. my installer informs me that the part is £148 and takes about 10 minutes to install. as a single parent family on low income I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE YOU DO NOT BUY A BOILER FROM THESE COWBOYS.
ps. i intend to take legal action against them to recover the cost of parts that are under my 5 year guarantee.

I do wish you would establish some credibility by saying which part had failed.

Do you have a receipt for the boiler and the installation to prove that it was professionally installed then? Was the warrantee card sent off? Only about 25% even bother to send the card off !

Did you have your boiler serviced anually and a record added to the completed Benchmark Certificate ( whats that? ) as required to keep the warrantee live?

I expect not so it would not have been covered anyway!

Had a Modena 80e in my flat for 11 years.
First time I serviced it was this year.
Never had any issues with it and it wasn't flushed before fitting.

Maybe it is a 'good one'

Anyone who sais a ferroli bolier is a good boiler is either lucky or stupid. I am sorry but these boilers are not fot for purpose. In 3 years i have had 6 diverter valves, yes 6. As we speak i have no hot water again. I rang ferroli told them my diverter valve had gone again, i rang gasway there contract guys told them a diverter valve, Gasway turn up and say yes uts a diverter valve, but i dont have one with me i will come back next tuesday, Thats bloody great.
When you call a ferroli breakdown line you may as well be talking to a alien in mars, totaly 100% useless.
I would say to anyone who is thinking of installing a ferroli, smack your self in the face with a hammer, this still wont be as painfull as owning a ferroli boiler.

Ferroli modena were the bees knees, quick to work on and repair only two parts I have changed are cheap, but seems you guys own the modern ferrolis this is the problem not like tony said, its not the installers fault a company of empty barrel promises, as far as I know ferroli are going down the pan, hence the garantees being swept under the carpet. I went to a exhibition ferroli had a stand with young girls floating about trying to get you to enter a prize draw, guess what it was for amazon vouchers nothing to do with there boilers that's the sign of a company dead on its feet.

NEWSFLASH MY BOILER IS FIXED

NEWS FLASH MY BOILER IS BROKEN.

The diverter valve works, however i have a leak.

And get this the boiler is trying to heat water when the tap is not even on. It just fires up with the tap emblem on the panel for 25 secs, then realises, and turns itself off.

I would liket to think i was just unlucky, clearly i am not. boiler serviced, and flushed, all as stated, the simple and harsh reality is that Ferroil boilers are useless, and the company will go down...

I have decided just to take it on the chin, rip it off the wall and install a proper boiler....

PS TONY I HAVE TO SAY , YOU SOUND LIKE A GOOD OLD BOY, BUT YOUR LOYALTY IS MISPLACED.

face facts the Ferroli use to be a half decent brand the fact is they currently are not fit for anything. well i guess i will have a little pleasure when i take it out and smash the f*** out of it.

I have decided just to take it on the chin, rip it off the wall and install a proper boiler....

With :?: :?:

My Ferroli HE31C has been a 'challenge' over the last 3 years (new pump, new diverter valve) and now has a leaking heat exchanger connection :rolleyes:

I would be interested to hear what your intended replacement is :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back