FERROLI BOILER PROBLEM - OWNERS CONTACT ME HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, new to all this but just looking for some guidance...

Bought a flat back last September 2011, and moved in properly this month. The Ferroli boiler has been working efficiently all the times I have been there, and I believe had only recently been installed prior to buying the flat as the kitchen is new too.

Had a notice from SGN advising the Gas meter had to be changed, due to age or something. This was carried out Friday (27th Jan '12) and a bit of a nightmare in iteself.

Coincidentally, the boiler played up immediately after the new meter was installed, but the engineer advised it was probably an airblock and got it going again. Saturday I came back to the flat to find the light flashing and boiler not working, so called SGN.

An Engineer came out again today and 'got it going' but there have been several error codes past couple of days; F37, F39, F14... which I looked up in the instructions, and look to be of concern!

Since the left engineer today, the hot water still works and unit shows as on, but all the radiators have now gone cold.

It seems very strange how it is playing up since the Gas Meter change... so apart from the obvious, call a plumber, any advice?

Sponsored Links
Extremely unlikely to be related to the meter swap.

Advice?

Consider scrapping it as an alternative to getting it repaired. Or find a gas engineer who is cheap, courteous, and likes working Ferrolis.

We can all manage at least one of those, btw.

Ferroli modena were the bees knees, quick to work on and repair only two parts I have changed are cheap, but seems you guys own the modern ferrolis this is the problem not like tony said, its not the installers fault a company of empty barrel promises, as far as I know ferroli are going down the pan, hence the garantees being swept under the carpet. I went to a exhibition ferroli had a stand with young girls floating about trying to get you to enter a prize draw, guess what it was for amazon vouchers nothing to do with there boilers that's the sign of a company dead on its feet.

Jordan, they have launched a new product...funily enough called a Modena! Looks like your idea of them 'going down thew pan' is wrong. I have fitted the new product and its excellent value for money. I registered the warranty and my customer recieved a letter confirming that the product had been registered so i do not get the warranty issue, i agree it must be down to incompetent installers not filling out the paperwork.

They r an absolute nightmare mate the uk franchise iss on the verge of going bust, most agents have left now in the midlands area as not gettin paid!

Sponsored Links
I have attended their new training facility that they have invested in. Pretty impressive to be fair to them. I can't see them investing that sort of money then pulling out of the uk. The uk is not a franchise and Ferroli world wide are huge so I really can't see it myself. Why would they invest on a ew product (that I have found excellent) and a new training facility? I judge product on its quality not on it's badge. Touch wood I have had not had a single issue and there new boiler is a good bit of kit.

They r a franchise mate , check there credit rating it's junk status and well over the overdraft limit 4-5 moths to pay the bills

Ferroli :) they are a total nightmare to deal with, As I understand several of there service agents were short changed (allegedley) some were payed off with lambo boilers .

Some (all?) were asked to find any excuse in order to get ferroli out of warranty work , those who refused were told to fox trot oscar (allegedley)

We installed a feroli :( a good while back , was in the house for 2 weeks & never did work , despite 27 yes 27 phone calls to ferroli.

took it out in the end & got my money back !!!!!!!

As I said dan, not had a problem with the new one and no manufactures make bad product it's just the cheaper products have less tolerance to bad installers. I don't fit product on the badge just the build quality

hello

i've noticed a smell with my ferroli bolier that i can only liken to perm lotion or a bit eggy. it's not all the time but mainly on start up or when going off but it's certainly noticeable.

i think it must be a water thing cause the smell is not too different to when you drain the filter element off the washing machine.

any ideas? bolier is about 8 years old by the way and is regularly serviced. last service was 6 weeks ago. i didn't mention it to the engineer cause although i've noticed it for about the last 12 months, it didn't occur over the summer whilst the central heating was off and i'd forgotten about it.

cheers

Thats surprising that you did not mention it to the engineer!

It worries me that it could be a combustion products leak containing noxious gases.

My advice is to get a competent enginner to inspect it.

Tony

Ferroli :) they are a total nightmare to deal with, As I understand several of there service agents were short changed (allegedley) some were payed off with lambo boilers .

Some (all?) were asked to find any excuse in order to get ferroli out of warranty work , those who refused were told to fox trot oscar (allegedley)

We installed a feroli :( a good while back , was in the house for 2 weeks & never did work , despite 27 yes 27 phone calls to ferroli.

took it out in the end & got my money back !!!!!!!

Yes Transam you are correct I have in the past done some warranty work for ferolli and I was told to find faults with installations in order for them to charge customers credit cards, I said no way and they said no more work then, couldnt have cared less late payers and poor customers giving me earache about crap customer service time taken to answer calls etc, they wont be missed when they go down the pan they are rubbish at best

My Ferroli is great. Pfft!
3years ok freezing when it's cold, waking up (I do nights) on sunny days to the heating on at 24degrees, leaks, pressure issues etc etc.
So I contact them to find they didn't receive my warranty in the post so I have no cover! I'm furious to find my Optimax is prone to leaks etc, how can I take this further other than emailing them?
Thanks!

My Ferroli is great. Pfft!
3years ok freezing when it's cold, waking up (I do nights) on sunny days to the heating on at 24degrees, leaks, pressure issues etc etc.
So I contact them to find they didn't receive my warranty in the post so I have no cover! I'm furious to find my Optimax is prone to leaks etc, how can I take this further other than emailing them?
Thanks!

Your only contact Im afraid is [email protected] the only department of a shoite company that seem to do anything, did you actually send in your warranty form or did you leave it to your installer? be warned though if you dont have a completed Benchmark and they do come out under warranty they WILL charge you for the call

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back