Ferroli combi boiler thrwing water out of overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new ferroli combi fitted in a house i rent out about 12 months ago, the tenants keep saying that the overflow wont stop running, What should i be looking for. Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
filling loop passing?
Grit in blowout seating?
Expansion vessel needs pressurising?
hole in heat exchanger?

Cheers guys, I'll have a look at it tomorow. Could the heat exchanger have a hole in already ? Its only 12 months old.

Sponsored Links
Depends, you need to drain some water out of the system first to stop it leaking out of the blow out then do a few tests.

Get the pressure back to 1.5 bar then disconnect the filling loop to see if its passing water, if it is then it needs replacing.

If the filling loop is fine then, you should turn on the boiler and watch the pressure, if after a while when the boiler is on the pressure starts rising rapidly then it suggests that either your expansion vessel needs re-pressurising or the tube to it is sludged up and blocked. You can put a foot pump on vessel to pump it up to 1bar (make sure boiler is drained of water)

If the pressure is rising constantly when the boiler is off and filling loop disconnected, then you need to isolate the cold mains into the boiler. If the pressure stops rising with the cold isolated then its a pin hole in the hex

Could just be the toilet overflow that is running :eek:

one pipe sticking out the wall is the same as the next to the uneducated

its due its cp12 so i am sure your RGI will pick it up
as long as they are told the boiler is faulty before they go, as too many post on here saying they gat asked to do a safety check only to find the boiler faulty when they get there :LOL:

Great thread! I followed (more or less!) the hints, and found that having checked the fill loop (don't they have a lot of water in them!) and flooded the kitchen, that even with the mains water locked off, the pressure still goes to 4 bar. Hmmm.
So i popped the cap off the pressure tank valve, and pushed the core....it's full of water.
This suggests to me that the vessel itself is f*****d, do we have a consensus?
They are in stock at Spares and Controls in Kings Norton, £75 + vat.
What are they like to fit?
It seems to have a connection to the pump, can't see much else as it's up a corner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back