Ferroli condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently had a Ferroli installed, understand that was a mistake to start with. I am having problems with Ferroli's guarantee. Some of the issues my installer has rectified. However the installer is arguing with the following. Ferroli say there must be a pipe connected to the domestic side of the boiler or the heat exhaustion will eventually melt. My installer says this was not necessary but in order for me to get cover will connect pipe top my HW tap. This will be at an additional cost to myself of £200.

I believe this domestic pipe should have been done at the time. As a lay person with no clue about boilers is the installer in the right or is Ferroli just trying to wriggle out of cover. Having looked at the diagrams on my instructions I can see a pipe connected to HW tap.

If the installer tries to charge me how to I stand my ground?

If you saw how the condensate pipe was installed from one of my previous posts I think you would see what I am dealing with.

Sponsored Links
What is the "domestic pipe?

Rip the ****box out now and get something proper fitted by someone with more than 3 brain cells.

My 6 year old would do a better job.

BTW, anything required in the manual that wasn't highlighted at the time of the installation can hardly be chargeable in my opinion.

How you can mess up a simple boiler swap like that is beyond me :rolleyes:

Just out of interest how much did the installation cost in total?

Looks like he has used a combi as a system boiler so therefore the domestic hot water is not connected to anything.
Tbh though not surprised at the quality or lack thereof as this is the type of installer ferroli seem to attract with their ****boxes.

Going by that pic I doubt the system has been flushed properly which if it hasn't this boiler will most likely end up costing you more in the long run.

Sponsored Links
I never understand how an installer ever quotes for a very cheap bottom of the range boiler UNLESS the customer specifically wants that.

Regardless, I would still say its the installer's task to see if the maker wants anything connected to the DHW outlet.

Biasi used to ask for the DHW side to be pressurised, but that could be done with system water. Something to do with the seals although I could never see why.

Tony

Its a DOMIcondens HE 26 C. Page 3 of the instructions has an image where it shows piping direct from boiler to HW tap. If I am unable to get the installer to complete the installation to Ferroli's standards without trying to charge me is there an outside body I can complain to?

Call Gas Safe.

If the idiot can't work out how many pipes the boiler needs then there sure as shit will be a catalogue of other mistakes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back