ferroli domina 102 no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I live in a flat approx 10 years old, with a ferroli domina 102 boiler. I believe it hss been here since the flat was bulit but only lived here 9 months.
I am a complete novice with all things gas and central heating. For this reason attempted to get boiler cover, but the company I used don't cover my boiler, I am now therefore attempting to see if there are some easy solutions to try before calling out a plumber.

Have noticed this evening that despite the thermostat calling for heat, the boiler is not firing up, or even doing anything to acknowledge the call for heat. (Water pressure ok, no flashing lights or red lock out light present). I have changed thermostat batteries but this has not made a difference. Tried simply resetting, again no change. Hot water is working when hot tap switched on.

Only thing worth noting is that my bathroom towel warmer radiator has been leaking, this was a tiny tiny amount, so have tightened the nuts yet the leak has got worse! (Have definitely tightened them as turning other way makes water run out freely!). Will this radiator be effecting the CH? I am tempted to call plumber, just wanted advice of any things I need to try first.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Leak will cause pressure to drop and boiler to stop working all together. As for your heating it could be a few things. Tho you could link out your stat and see if it works. Google the manual and it will tell you where the stat connects on the boiler. All you do is take the two wires out and bridge a new small piece of wire in between.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back