Ferroli optima CombiBoiler hot water running cold!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had problems with my Ferroli Optima Combiboiler with regards to the hot water running cold. The heating works fine, and sometimes the hot water will run hot for a short time then turns cold. It does seem to be running cold more often now. I have had a look inside and I can not make out what's what. I was told that some sort of sensor switch might be at fault. Please can anyone help me sort this problem out.

Sponsored Links
Yeah a Ferroli problem at last!!!

Sorry pal, not good for you, is it.

The problem: the Hot water temperature sensor is gone, located on the hot water pipe that leads from the heat exchanger; should be something that looks like an electrical connector attached to a copper pipe.

Check your instructions: its in there and easy to do, part = about £10 over the counter.

If you ain't got instructions ring Ferroli and ask them for a set, for your boiler; should cost you nothing!!

Thank you for the help.
I have looked and found out which pipe the hot water is supplied from. There is an electric fitting to it a green plastic plug with twin red wires. Do I need to replace this lead or what ever lies at the other end of this lead. It difficult to see they seem to go behind a large white plastic unit . where the switches are at the lower front of the boiler etc.

Do anyone know if this is the right item i.e Hot water sensor?

Sponsored Links
If you've found the right thing what lies beneath is the problem, but get some instructions, don't ruin your boiler. Even though I have been trained to repair these things I'd still check the instructions; most faults can be diagnosed and fixed from a read!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back