Ferroli optimax 25C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got one of these about 3 years back, occasionally it did an F26 fault, cleared itself after a short time, then did not do it again; Then the next year it did it again but did not rectify itself.
Anyhow the installer has disappeared of the face of the earth, so I called a buddy, he did not want to touch, because he is not corgi, but had some strange theories. Any how I suddenly remembered that it was frosty the first time it had happened and it was frosty this time. Went outside to look at the condensate discharge pipe. It appeared to be frozen up (quite a long run round the side of the house). Scratched my head then got a bucket and disconnected the siphon pipe inside and ran it into a bucket.
The fault went away, but my bucket kept needing emptying, until the frost went so I reconnected to the outside...
Looked at the Instruction book, and it says that the outside of the pipe _must_ be at least 32 mm. The installer had used 22mm pipe all the way out side!
I would so like to talk with him..

Not knowing what to do, I called a plumber, he was too busy, so very kindly told me to 'lag' the outside pipe, instead of replacing it. This I did and (touch wood) all is well since!

Any how my question is on another matter, sometimes, despite having the downstairs stat turned down low (I use this as a master control, no timer programing even switched on) I have noticed the darn thing switches on in the middle of the night and makes me very hot in bed!
Is this normal?

Sponsored Links
The boiler probaly has a frost stat which turns it on if it gets cold.
Some room stats have a "setback" temperature, perhaps 10 degrees lower than the normal setting, so they bring things on at night.

You could change the thermstat for a programmable one, whch will do the timing as well.

Ta Chris, that sounds like it could be the prob, so I will try turning the stat completely down to see if that stops it coming on at night, one thing at a time so I don't get lost.

By the way, before we had a Glowworm, I sure do miss it. At least if we had an electricity power cut we could put the gas fire on. With this thing we have nothing.

I bet this new combi don't last anything like as long as the Glowworm!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back