ferroli optimax 25c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have just been to look at one of these the hot water is fine but have no heating i opened the diverter valve manually which seemed to do the job is it a faulty valve or is it possibly something else which should tell the valve to open a switch or pcb many thanks i am a gas safe installer waiting for my acceptance into gas chamber

Sponsored Links
It could be either the diverter or something not telling the diverter to operate when it should.

I don't know what a small d on the display means, couldn't find any reference to it in the manual.

Sponsored Links
My Boiler over the past year has intermittently only provided hot water. When this happens a small d appears on the screen. It only happens when the outside temperature dropsd quickly, so my plumber believes this issue is due to condensation building up and affecting teh PCB. After a couple of hours it starts to work fine again, and then crashes when teh Temp drops suddenly again !
We have tried reseating and resealing all PCB connections , but it still happens. I have asked teh manufacturer, but they cannot provide any info....they do not recognise the small d at all !!!!

Upshot is, the PCB has finally given up the ghost , and ferroli are coming out to replace the PCB. Fault code was F26.

For info Plumber also told me that when the syphon pipe freezes ( very common over the past 2 weeks) the boiler shuts down , BUT if the pipe is not defrosted the water will build up to the point whereby it actually finds its way onto the PCB and trashes it ....PCBs are upwards of £100 plus VAT.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back