Ferroli PCB Fried??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferroli HE-260-C Boiler. 2 days ago (immediately after changing the CH settings) the boiler started showing fault F05 ("Fume pressure switch fault and/or Fan fault").

I had a Gas Safe Engineer out who looked at the probable causes, at which point fault A02 flashed up ("Flame present signal with burner off").

The fault now showing is A16 ("Gas valve Fault").

Surely everything on this 3year old boiler isnt failing at the same time?? My question is does this sound likely that the PCB is fried, and so throwing up all sorts of fault codes? I know ferrolis have a particularly bad reputation, but surely its just the one fault (ie PCB) rather than every part at the same time??

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
What did your Gas Safe person say after looking at it?

He seemed uncertain, but did suggest it could possibly be the PCB. He couldnt find any faults with the fan, etc.

My reason for posting on here is to get a second opinion before buying the inexplicably expensive PCB replacement - its £160 for the PCB and only £450 for a complete replacement!!

Sponsored Links
Peter

I can recommend a place you can get re-con pcbs midland heating supplies 01214490290 they give 1year warranty if this helps

Bobby21 do they have a website do you know? Are their prices much cheaper than the new ones??

It must be the cold from no heating that has sapped my sense of humour!

Peter

I don't think they have a website at present but the pcb will prob cost you half the price of a new one

I would suggest a service first ( as described in the manual -minimum if not more ) before embarking on replacement PCB.

It is not uncommon to get spurious problems as result of system components getting clogged up, sluggish etc. once that is out of the road, get your installer to try again and seek technical help from Ferrolli technical. Your installer obviously needs to be competent to use multimeter and have understanding of sequential operation of the boiler. Pcb would be the last thing I would change as a first go!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back