fiat punto 1.2 8v ECU problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all first post here,

So i have a 04 fiat punto and she's not firing on two cylinders, iv changed both coil packs and spark plugs and tested the leads and thats all fine.

Swapped coil packs and still same thing happening.

So took it to a garage and i got quoted £500, iv been told its the ECU.

So i started looking on the net to do it myself, and i not to shore if it can be done, iv looked up on these self programing ECU's and im not really finding a lot on them,
i can get a virgin ECU for £60 (used) with 12 months warranty ,

Im just worried that this self programming ECU wont work, my question is dose it self program to everything, my main concern is the immobiliser.

Has anyone else ever fitted these self programming ECU? also is there anything iv got to do with set up or is it just plug and play?? thanks for any help with this.

Sponsored Links
For what its worth, I had to solve the exact same problem on a 2002 8v reg punto a couple of years ago

One of the coils was spiking voltages which damaged the ecu so only one coil fed, hence firing on two cylinders only.

Purchased the following

A set of coils from this seller
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_o....TRS0&_nkw=2x+Fiat+Palio+Panda+Punto&_sacat=0

A re-programmed ecu (ebay again) that's working to this day.

None of the parts are difficult to replace if you've got the tools and take note of how you remove the old parts. Of what I remember, the ecu has torx type fasteners.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back