fiat punto heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i turn on heating it works for 10minutes then turns cold

Sponsored Links
sounds like a lack of water in the heater radiator in the cabin or the engine is not geting to full temperature.

Does the temperature gauge read normal?

Is the radiator full of water (check when cold - not hot as it will spray you with boiling water)?

If you've changed your rad water (adding anti-freeze maybe ?) did you put your heater control in the hot position when re-filling ?

nige said:
when i turn on heating it works for 10minutes then turns cold

Now see, you learn something new everyday, I never knew those annoying little cars had heaters..in fact the speed most seem to go on the motorway I would be surprised if half have engines :D

Sponsored Links
and what is mr. bigshot fwl-engineer BSc. FBIS. MBA company director, company co. director driving?

c.k. said:
and what is mr. bigshot fwl-engineer BSc. FBIS. MBA company director, company co. director driving?

Oh come on it was a joke..were is your sense of fun.

You would be surprised at what I drive, it is nothing spectacular.

At present I drive a simple modified 2.0GSi Vectra saloon, but have ordered a Mondeo 2.5V6 Ghia X, which should arrive in about 10 weeks.

I am not driven(pardon the pun) by expensive cars, they all get you from A to B and they all cost too much to run.

Scoby_Beasley said:
Mines the cheapest, its a pony made by Shanksies

Nothing wrong with a shanksies, so long as the weather is good, they still haven't solved the water proofing adequately yet! :D

this helps
images

this works
lloydscott.jpg

but is cumbersome, not as if you are going to run marthon in it are you :LOL:

(yes i know a bloke did)

Anyhow, are you lot bored with the Sparks forum?
Yes, now can you spur of a spur into another spur and plug the electric shower into it or have I got to buy a combi with low water pressure,which would be better ? :LOL:

Could be one of a number of things. Try pumping the top hose with your hand whilst filling the rad, see if you can shift an airlock in the heat exchanger. Otherwise more info req!

Sponsored Links
Back