Fibr glass roof no overhang for guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Picture paints a thousand words so I've posted them below.

Basically I want to install some guttering to an outbuilding with a fibreglass roof. Currently the water is running down the walls on the building and moss and all sorts is starting to form.

Are there any solutions to fitting guttering without an overhang? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1470.JPG
    IMG_1470.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_1468.JPG
    IMG_1468.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_1467.JPG
    IMG_1467.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 433
Sponsored Links
leakingroof, good evening.

Immediate thoughts are if you try to fit a gutter at the bottom of that overhang, you will possibly have trouble opening the doors?

If there is enough clearance have a thought about slipping some roofing felt up behind the existing down stand, and then lead the felt into a gutter fitted to the wall below the overhang? BUT! I stress BUT! it all depends on the clearances between the top of the doors and the overhang down stand, which is large? possibly made that way to hide the gap within the roof void?

Ken.

Thanks, I think the roof felt idea will work a treat. I clearances are tight but I think it should be ok with the guttering!

Sponsored Links
Well you need to slip something under the grp trims to deflect it into the gutter.

basically you need something that's thin enough to wedge up under the GRP which can then divert the water into a gutter. but as KenGMac says only if you have enough space below the lip to fit the guttering in.
Alternately if you have space below for the gutter then just cut off the front and rebuild it with a drip and re glass it all in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back