Fibre cement boards, not asbestos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some fibre cement boards tested and they were negative for asbestos. Does anyone know of a skip company will accept the certificate I got (via email) from the testing company.

I took the samples myself and posted them off so I would forgive any skip company who was a little sceptical about picking up a skip of old roofing that a lot of people would think could be asbestos.

What would ineef to do before they will take it?

Sponsored Links
Ask!

However, I had the Devil's own game trying to get a waste company to take my own (certificated as non-asbestos) garage roof sheets, even after I'd had multiple reassurances that they were happy to.
Ended up having them taken away by a licensed removal contractor.

They should accept a cert of analysis, and you should check they have a Waste Carriers License, and where they are taking it.

Probably go to non-hazardous landfill, or a MRF that grinds up building waste.

As you are a different part of the UK, I can't recommend a company.

Just break it up and trickle it into the normal waste. **** all that hassle and maybe having to pay for it.

Sponsored Links
It was about 25 pounds. It was a ACAS (?) accredited lab. Sampling is easy and results came back very quickly.

I have still not had the materiel removed , so not sure easily this will be accepted by waste carriers. I think they would prefer one that was sampled by a lab, which would costs hundreds.

I am a bit puzzled about this because I've read that cutting is not advised with asbestos. Also is it safe to post???

Now you have your cert would Freecycle be an option for you???

They require a very small sample, they specified about the size of a 20p piece. It was possible to break this off without creating too much dust.

I was also surprised that it could be posted, they just said to double wrap it in freezer bags.

Thanks Mike. Do you have a link for these guys please? Got 26 roof sheets here dating from possibly the 1960's, would be great to learn they are asbestos free.

Sponsored Links
Back