Fiesta brakes/brake pedal freezing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter tells me that when starting off from cold, after freezing conditions, the brake pedal appears to stick part way through the action - hence no brakes. Once this has happened once the pedal 'frees' itself up and works normally. It doesn't happen every time there's a cold snap. I've tested the pedal action and it is OK. The car is a 1993 fiesta 1.1.
I didn't think that hydraulic brakes had anything to freeze ?!

Any one out there come across this before ? Any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is actually freezing then the brake fluid must be changed straight away. it's the first time I have ever known this happen.
I think you need to have a good look round the brake pedal / master cylinder area just to make sure nothing else is causing the problem.
regards johnwr

It will only take a minute for a garage to check your brake fluid.really the only way water can get in the system is via the fluid reservior,I've once had this when there was no cap on the reservoir and it was open to the atmosphere.Brake fluid is hydroscopic and therefor readily absorbs moisture from the atmosphere.Like the previous sender I would more than likely discount this though and would be looking towards the pedal catching somewhrer or the master cylinder sticking ...hope this helps????????

Sponsored Links
Back