fiesta starter motor.

I`ve sought further advice and the suggestion was that starter and flywheel should both be renewed at the same time. renewing the starter allows the worn flywheel to ruin starters teeth and vice versa.
I`m not going to chuck any more money at this problem, don`t think it`s worth it so I`ll live with it. I`d advise you to do the same if it`s not too much of a problem.
cheers, oeeeeeeg.

Thanks, I've did what you did too, changed the starter, problem came back, then changed starter and flywheel at the same time cos of the same reason you were told, but problem came back. Have since put up my own question which you'll find if you search my posts. Have been told by someone with same problem that I need to change starter to a proper Ford one, more expensive but has worked for them.
Ford garage said 1996 Fiestas had starter motor problem and should have been recalled, was yours a 1996 1.3 Fiesta?
Was your new starter a Ford made one?
Know what you mean about putting up with it, I don't mind but when I go to work at 5.30am it wakes the neighbours up. I just can't afford a new car and apart from this problem it's a great runner.

No, mines a `99.had the same thing, going to work at 5am neighbours weren`t too impressed. Discovered if I put it in 1st and started it then the "drag" would realign the cogs and all was well again (that`s just a suggestion, not a recommendation)

Sponsored Links
Hi guys. from experience of this engine type from years ago, its handy to carry around a hammer or something with a wee bit of clout. If the starter motor jams then GENTLY tap the motor casing with the hammer - this should free it. Otherwise put the car in gear, handbrake off, and rock the car back and forth a little- this should free it.
cheers.

Sponsored Links
Back