Filament bulbs to be banned - EEC initiative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a news story re the EEC energy initiative will include a ban on the sale of GLS lamps by 2010 see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6433503.stm

I see mayhem ahead as folk start to swap them out and find the have to remove all the dimmers that they have installed....got a solution anyone - you've got three years to get it to market :LOL:

also, I guess that all halogen lamps will also be outlawed. Time to throw away all those nice 12v transformers. Wonder what we do for SELV lighting then - go to LED maybe.

TTC

Sponsored Links
TTC, could you remove the ). from the end of that URL so it works. ;)

Sponsored Links
I can see vast stocks of incandescent lamps being bought up and colour correction filters to get around the ban. :eek:

? not sure of your point there, the mention of GLS lamps was referring to the incandescent variety.

tim west said:
? not sure of your point there, the mention of GLS lamps was referring to the incandescent variety.
And where does the OP say that? All he says is GLS lamps.

stevesey said:
tim west said:
And where does the OP say that? All he says is GLS lamps.
and after reading the report you would realise he means the incandescent lamps, I was pointing out that you had inferrred that the energy saving GLS lamps would also be being banned which is not the case. sorry for any confusion.

tim west said:
I was pointing out that you had inferrred that the energy saving GLS lamps would also be being banned
Actually I was drawing attention to the fact this is not a ban on GLS lamps.
Do you have any american blood by any chance?

stevesey said:
well apologies then but it came across as different, not sure about the question about american blood though? :confused:

tim west said:
stevesey said:
well apologies then but it came across as different, not sure about the question about american blood though? :confused:
Obviously the answer is yes, as americans don't understand irony.

But I'll admit it may have been a bit too subtle.

Cheers

Steve

stevesey said:
tim west said:
stevesey said:
Obviously the answer is yes, as americans don't understand irony.

But I'll admit it may have been a bit too subtle.

Cheers

Steve
but we were talking factually and the use of irony could lead to confusion for others reading the post especially as this is a DIY forum and a lot of technical terms tend to have to be explained to others using this forum.
No i'm not American and i do understand irony, I just feel it has it's place.
Hope that clears the air as they say ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back