Filling hole in floor surrounding (leaky?) soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is what I was confronted with after removing kitchen cabinets and boxing around the soil pipe:

soil.png

Gaping hole marked with the arrow that goes all the way round the back of the pipe too, drops right down into the drain outside. Has apparently never caused us any particular issues though does explain the odd slug that gets in sometimes!

Feels like I should block this up before covering all this again - expanding foam for this a good idea or not?

Also looks like the pipe is seeping a little at the bottom, though I could honestly workout if this was just moisture coming up from below. Could try running some sealant around the bottom of the pipe and/or some bitumen paint on the floor to stop damp coming up?

Any good suggestions for making good here?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'd be giving all that lot a thorough clean up and dry out with cloths and blue roll then running everything that's feed into it, to determine where exactly it is weeping and then with issues using appropriate method for each defect... my money's on the strap on boss and the waste trap... :)
time to roll your sleeves up and deep clean!

I'd put money on where the trap joins the old boss at the top of the photo.

The strap-on is all part of a solvent weld job, points towards a good one so should be solid.

Get the hair dryer out and dry everything then run each waste until the leak is found.

Andy

Sponsored Links
ok thanks, what about filling that hole round the bottom though?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back