Filling radiator holes in tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have quite large holes in our slate tiles for our radiator pipes. I have attached photos. Any ideas on how you would go about filling these?

Sponsored Links
I'd piece in a neat cut of tile, and fill the rest with the same grout you've used elsewhere.

I'm not a tiler tho, but I do a decent job any time I've tiled something.

The pipe expands and contracts so the grout will start disintegrating. We have one done that way and one with chromed plastic covers around the pipes. Never notice the covers, do notice where the grout has cracked.

iku00,

On March 8 you were given advice, and asked various helpful questions. You did not answer the questions or acknowledge the post or even give thanks for the response.

Sponsored Links
I'd piece in a neat cut of tile, and fill the rest with the same grout you've used elsewhere.

I'd also insert a piece of cut tile, but I'd leave the square round the pipe and fill that with a grey mastic.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back