Fire/smoke alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have mains wired smoke alarms on the landing of each floor (ground, first and second)

I need to put smoke alarms in all the bedrooms and reception rooms. I have accesss to run cabling (3 core and earth) to all the rooms on the ground and first floor to interlink them.

However i dont have acces to do that to the two rooms in the loft (second floor).

So my question is can i have cable interlinked smoke alarms to all the rooms on the ground and first floor, and have a radio interlink for the two in the loft rooms. (and run the supply from the lighting units)?

If i can, Would that mean that i would need 3 radio interlinked alarms in total. So id put one radio interlink in on the first floor which is also interconnected by cable, and then have the two in the loft which are only connected by radio link?

Sponsored Links
1 x Radio base for the nearest detector.

2 X radio detectors run from adjacent lights on the upper floors.

As you said, but just a base for the highest wired.

Always assuming these are AICO.

If not swap the lot and use Aico as above. But add the standard wired ones to the lower levels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back