Fires - Double Sided Inset Wood Burningn Stoves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, does anyone know whether it is possible to have one side of a double sided stove on an outside wall?

I'm having a kitchen extension built and will be having a wood burning stove on an outside wall, so my idea was to have a double sided one so that we can make use it from the garden as well.

Does anyone know if this is possible to do, or have I just invented this?!?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
No, it's right outside the kitchen. There will be decking outside, where we'll be creating a sort of outdoor living area, hence the idea for a fire. The extension is not yet built, neither is the chimney.

I haven't seen this anywhere before. I just wondered whether it was possible to have half on the external part of the outside wall, as opposed to in another room (which is what I believe they're designed for).

Thanks.

Will it be big enough for a burglar to crawl through into your house?

Where did you say you lived?

Sponsored Links
Hello, does anyone know whether it is possible to have one side of a double sided stove on an outside wall?

I'm having a kitchen extension built and will be having a wood burning stove on an outside wall, so my idea was to have a double sided one so that we can make use it from the garden as well.

Does anyone know if this is possible to do, or have I just invented this?!?

Many thanks.

How would you deal with the space round the stove, and the need for a hearth on each side?

Sounds impractical...

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back