First house project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon All,

Just wanted to join the forum and introduce myself. Me and my other half have just bought our first place together which is a full renovation project:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58679465.html

Plenty of work to keep us busy on top of both working fulltime, I'm doing an engineering degree, we have 2 dogs to entertain and I also have a 4 year old from my last relationship.

I'm sure ill be back and forth with plenty of questions! Were both very handy and know where were going with the place, we will just be getting the trades in for the things we know we cant do or needs signing off!

Thanks

Ben

Sponsored Links
In no particular order here's the current jobs list:

• Layout change: Remove HW cylinder and remove stud wall to left of airing cupboard. Install 3 lintels and new stud wall between en suite and 3rd bedroom.
  • Full rewire

• Install UFH downstairs and link into air source heat pump. Oversized cast iron rads upstairs. New unvented cylinder in loft linked into ASHP and also solar.

• New bathroom

• New en suite

• Porch

• New flooring throughout upstairs

• Remove and replace ceiling in upstairs rooms to expose beams.

• Insulate external walls as per EPC to receive renewable energy payments for ASHP and Solar.

• New kitchen

• Remove coal back boiler and replace with Log burner.

• New windows.

• Level garden.

Really? I can follow it no problem direct to right move? It was copy and pasted from IE toolbar.......

Sponsored Links
Same here. But I think it's a problem with the DIYnot site and affiliate marketing.

If you highlight the address and copy it into your address bar you can bypass the affiliate site.

rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58679465.html

Very odd, it's just appearing as a normal rightmove link to me. We don't have any affiliate links for rightmove. If someone could copy and paste the nasty link without going to it and private message me, that would be great. I will then investigate further.

It does now link to the rightmove house pages. Norton flagged the embedded URL as a dangerous site, regret I cannot recall what the URL was.

It's working for me now. It has happened before, last time I think it was with a b and q link

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back