Fitting a new sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i was fitting a new sink at work the other day. I placed the sink on top of the pedestal to mark where to drill my holes for the fixing. the bottom part of the sink where the holes are touched the wall but they was about a 10 mm gap from the wall at the top of the sink. I kept trying to reposition the sink on top of the pedestal to see if that was the problem. I checked the wall and floor with a spirit level and they where OK. In the end I just had to fix it like that. But when i tightened it in place, the front end of the sink lifted up of the pedestal and the gap closed in at the back of the sink. I then had to put a piece of wood under the pedestal to lift it up.

As anyone else had the problem???

Is it common and if so was I doing something wrong.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
If you checked the level of the floor and it was ok then it must just be a faulty basin or pedestal, faulty or badly designed. I've not had that particular problem before but lots of other problems due to bad manufacturing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back