Fitting a new TV in the bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to fit a new TV in the bedroom for the Mrs to watch soaps on.

There are TV points wired up all over the house (new build) so assuming they are all connected - can I use these to take the signal from the skybox downstairs to the TV upstairs? I know the pic will be rubbish but it's on an old TV anyhoo! ;)

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Possibly, dependent on how they are connected. You'll almost certainly have to disconnect the two relevant cables from the aerial distribution box and connect them together. If you want to use a "magic eye" to control the Sky Digibox, you'll have to ensure DC continuity. Also, "magic eyes" can be susceptible to interference and many houses are still wired with ordinary "aerial cable" instead of double-screened cable. That could cause problems.

But it won't harm to try it.

Thanks - i'm not sure what you mean by connecting the 2 cables at the distribution box? Do you mean in the attic where the cable starts?

Sponsored Links
he means disconnect both from the aerial circuit and join them together so they are now a fully self contained circuit with no tv feed to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back