Fitting a plug to an alarm

And I suggest that you buy a dualtech detector, rather than a PIR, for a garage. There are too many living creatures that could give you false alarms.

This is also something to consider if you go down the wireless route - try to get a wireless pet-friendly detector. They're pretty rare - and you'll never get a wireless dualtech - but could significantly reduce the chances of false alarms.

Another option would be to fit a (battery backed) power supply to power a conventional dualtech and use its output to trigger a wireless transmitter back to the house. This could be a wireless door contact transmitter, for example.

As regards to the movement detectors even dueltech units are not immune to false alarms from insects moving over them, I use a twin beam infra red beam unit across the garage, contacts on the door and viper on the window with the led flashing to warn a would be intruder.

My car stays on the drive.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back