fitting a pump to a shower help!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have a mixer shower gravity feed hot and cold which the pressure is not bad on but I want to boost it so Ive got a twin pump I want to fit in the roof and not in the airing cupboard
If I just divert the hot and cold in and out the pump and fit it in the roof will this work ok or will I have problems

Regards,

Sponsored Links
Read the manual with the pump, and you will see minimum dimensions to install below the storage tank.You might find that you have to raise the tank,or even buy a negative head pump. ;) ;)

billington said:
Read the manual with the pump, and you will see minimum dimensions to install below the storage tank.You might find that you have to raise the tank,or even buy a negative head pump. ;) ;)

all the pipe work is as spec per the instructions but i would like to fit the pump in the roof and not have to alter the pipe work that i have now ,,the manual says that if i fit in the roof it may suffer from airlocks but i used to have a single impeller pumped power shower and that worked fine all i have changed is the shower to a mixer..

hope this makes sense

Sponsored Links
It depends mainly on the type of pump (centrifugal or regenerative) its head/flow characteristics, how you've connected your hot supply, what size pipes have been used, and what the relative distances and heads are between the tanks, pump and shower.
The instructions are your best guide, but yes you may have problems, most likely with sucking air on the hot side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back