Fitting a shower pump into main hot water system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Ok - I'm about to start on my bathroom and am going to fit a wicks shower pump (2bar brass version) for the new shower, as I have a open grav system I am adding a Surrey valve to the hot tank and taking the hot feed from there, I just have a few questions :-

1. Can I add the Surrey and pipe to the pump hot inlet from it, then pipe the original outlet off the top of the tank/Surrey to the overflow in the cold tank in the loft (as it is now) and then cap the original pipework feed pipe to the hot system that tee's off the original tank outlet/overflow pipe, then pipe the pump outlet to the original pipework turning the hot water system throughout the house to HP ? (if that makes sence) as I am also installing HP taps (sink & bath) and already have a HP mixer in the kitchen (that already suffers from low hot water pressure @ 0.5bar grav. which I'm hoping to cure at the same time)

The cold to the kitchen tap comes straight from the mains, the cold feed from the storage tank I was going to pipe through the pump as well.

Assuming you understood the above, can I use the pumped cold to feed the new toilet cistern or does that require low pressure ?

The pump is going in the airing cupboard right next to the hot tank so all pipes are very close.

Cheers in advance

Lez

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back