Fitting a toilet to a waste hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, due to the recession I am doing up our workshop while there is no work.
We want to add a toilet and do away with one of the urinals.
see photos.
There used to be another loo here I think as there is a blanked off hole in the floor.
The urinals are linked to it so I am worried that it has to be there for access.
Question?
Can we add a loo to this hole?
Is this not a good idea as it blocks access to the urinal outlet?
If we can add a loo, what kit do I need to buy?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Alistair, I thought I'd linked in the photos but obviously not.

Sponsored Links
Maybe I should have looked a bit harder, clicking on your profile found the bigger versions. If you are sure it used to be a W.C. i dont see why another couldnt be but back there.

The urinal waste is plastic, assuming its connected properly at present, I would probably dig around the existing 'hole' in the floor and see what you've got. If 110 mm plastic then fine. Dismantle existing arrangement, bring 110mm up through the floor to take a junction for the pan. Top either fit an access cap off or come up above pan level and fit an AAV. Re-configure 50mm waste from remaining urinal(s) to link into boss on side of junction at rear of pan.

I might be wrong (often am) but that looks like an iron rodding access plate to me

OK thanks for the advice so far, it is a rodding eye I think.
Next question then is is it legal and or recommended to fit a loo over it?
Thanks again.

Added two more pictures to my album to show the lid of the rodding eye. You can also see that the urinal pipe where it enters is almost completely blocked with scale. I am thinking of attacking this with a hammer and cold chisel using a circle of board stuck down the shaft to catch any debris and stop it from causing problems down below. Any advice welcome.

Knocked up this image of our proposal on the computer, as you can see we are trying to add a toilet for a wheelchair user at the end.

We fitted the new toilets but the solidified pee (looked like yellow rock) was knocked down the pipe in the floor by a colleague we found out later. The pipe has now backed up with blockage. How can I clear up this mess?? Is there a chemical that will dissolve it or do we have to get underground and retrieve the bits somehow?? - See photo.

You could try rodding it. Or if it drains away slowly take the cap off the tee and pour a bucket of water down, the extra weight and force of the water might do the trick. wear some wellies though just in case :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back