Fitting a towel radiator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to replace a standard rad. in my bathroom with a towel rad.At present the pipes come out of the floor vertically,I am going to re-route them so that they come out of the wall horizontally.I have good access to the pipes and I am going to drain down the system to do the necessary alterations.Once drained down I was considering using isolating valves on the pipework under the floor so I can refill the system and carry out the alterations in my own time.The questions I have is it ok to leave isolating valves under the floor,which type of valve is suitable to use on C/H system and should they be full bore.

Sponsored Links
Hi there, I'm guessing the pipe work from your existing rad will be 15mil copper? so you should be able to cut of the current pipe just off near/before the elbow where they currently come through your floor and id recommend fitting a flexi pipe with a turn able valve ( like they ones used behind sinks etc ) which will give you some play when it comes to chasing the new pipe work into the walls. So long as all you new joins are good then theres no problem leaving these under the floor boards.

cheers hope all goes well.
dude diy.

i would not use flexis on central heating...not sure how long they'd last with the constant heat ??
Isolators are ok to one rad....after all most rad valves have smaller bore holes than the iso has.

Sponsored Links
Going from 15mm copper to chrome to match radiator.What I cant work out from the screwfix website is if there are isolating valves solely for usage on c/h systems, different BS numbers.Dont want to fit hot and cold water ones or are they all the same?

A plumber used flexis on a funny join on a rad in the kitchen of my old house. Was on for 3yrs and had no problems with it. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back