Fitting a towel radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To replace an exisiting white radiator with a chrome towel radiator do I simply close the valves on either side of the radiator, drain off the water, and then connect in the new chrome radiator - open the valves and top up with water (and presumably bleed the radiators to remove any air pockets)??

Many thanks if anyone can advise ...

Cheers

Sponsored Links
That's the theory, sounds easy doesn't it. Make sure you allow a day for it though, you might need it.

Thanks mate. I remember as a kid my father taking radiators out when he wanted to decorate behind them .... and I still remember the hassle ... so I am not expecting it to go smoothly!!

It's very unlikely that the pipework will be in the right place so be prepared to work on that - not so straightforward unless you have some experience. good luck!

Sponsored Links
Thanks forthe warning ....

The pipes come out of the wall approx. 30mm bend 90degrees upwards (length of pipe 60mm which meets the vlave and connects to the radiator... this should be standard set up?

Cheers

Hello

I'm also about to change a bathroom radiator for a towel rail.

The problem I have, is that the flow to and from my radiators is through 8mm copper pipes coming up out of the floor, and I can't find 'Towel Rail' valves of this size (or the correct shape - in-line?).

I'm I save in assuming that ALL towel rail and radiator valves, thermostatic valves and lock shields are the same thing, and wholly interchangeable?

If I have to, is it save/suitable to put some 8mm<>15mm reducers or convertors somewhere just beneath the floorboards and have 15mm pipes going into my towel rail, or will the flow rates get upset?

Regards,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back