fitting corner bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
yes I am still on with the bathroom - 2 weeks it'll be on Thursday although to be fair I was ill for most of last week so didn't do anything.

Right after finally levelling the tw@t the walls are way out with it comes to fixing it to them. If you have it flush with the wall under the showerhead (which I thought would be best) there is a 1 inch gap at the end by the taps. What is best to do have a gap of equal sort of distance either side or do what i have done?

If I do that how do I overcome the gap?

Cheers guys and on the plus side including the waste, solder joints and soil stack I've had no leaks so far!

Sponsored Links
Can you not channel the wall a bit and set the bath in to reduce at least some of the gap?

thats what i'd do...carefull not to do it too much at tap ends as you might end up with taps too near the wall

Can you not channel the wall a bit and set the bath in to reduce at least some of the gap?

Will have a look at that in the morning, only problem I have is that part way down the wall that was under the old bath is just brickwork so not much by way of hacking I can do, but even a little reduction is something!

Sponsored Links
you can channel out brickwork :idea: - just get a sky fitter , they regularly knock half brick faces off walls :rolleyes: You, as a competent DIY`er can do it with a new smallish cold chisel . Sheffield steel ( Niloc) not one from the Yuk -Fu foundry in China :LOL: and a Lump hammer - that can be chinese.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back