Fitting External Programmer to Worcester Heatslave Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Worcester Heatslave combi boiler which has a built in Worcester twin channel programmer. The LCD display has gone blank, but for now the programmer still works.

I plan to replace the twin channel programmer with a new external programmer.

Looking at the installation instructions for the boiler it shows 4 connections for an external programmer - L, N, SL to CH and SL to DHW. Please see the diagrams Facia Mounted Programmer Connections and External Programmer Connections.

The external programmer I plan to fit is a Siemens RWB29. I have attached a copy of the internal wiring diagram for this programmer.

As I understand it the wiring will be as follows :

The brown wire is L and the blue wire in neutral

The CH On connection ( 4 ) is a Switched Live which will connect to the grey wire at the boiler.

The DHW On connection ( 3 ) is another Switched Live which will connect to the white wire at the boiler.

This makes sense to me. There will be no connections at 1 and 2 on the programmer back plate as these are the OFF positions.

However when I looked at the actual wiring for the existing twin channel worcester programmer I see that there is a 5th ( Orange ) wire ??? Please see diagram Oil Heatslave.

This has me a little confused. Is it something to do with the Pumped or Switched setting on the twin channel programmer ?

Many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Looking at it the boiler terminal strip is only asking for the CH and DHW inputs so I would wire it as you have suggested, the changeover is looked after by boiler thermostats so all its asking for is timed inputs.
I have linked these out before as a temporary fix to get folk back in business and the boiler has worked normally.
Worcester clock is a very straightforward swop tho!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back