Fitting Flueless Gas Fires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get one of these. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4172453/Trail/searchtext>FLUELESS+GAS+FIRE.htm

I understand that a qualified person must install it.

I live in Chadwell Heath and need to know how to find a trustworthy person to install it, after I have had the old chimney sorted.

Had an old gas fire and has not been swept since we moved in 2 years ago. Does it need to be swept for a flueless? Everytime the wind blows, sooty bits fall down and have to be swept up. Also, the chimney pot does not have a "hat" to it, so i presume rain gets in.

What's the best thing to do, just seal up the chimney?

Sorry for dumb questions.

Sponsored Links

Best thing you can do is do a search on this site for flueless fires BEFORE you go out and buy one.

The pros will not fit them as they are considered high risk and dangerous. :(

Read the similar topics below. :!:

glad to see you get christmas out the way first before you kill off your family ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry for dumb questions.

Then you ask a dumb question!
I have had the old chimney sorted.

Had an old gas fire and has not been swept since we moved in 2 years ago. Does it need to be swept for a flueless?

HA HA HA Well funny m8. But just incase you are serious:-

Look at the word flueless and tell me what it implies?
Then think of another implication?

The next question was a bit more sensible

No! Well not in my opinion anyway. Get the flue swept and if you want something pretty get a corgi to fit a hole in the wall gas fire.

The manufacturers of flueless fires such as this should cut out the middlemen and end their production line of these fires in a re-cycling yard!

I did fit a flueless fire years ago. Remarkably the guy knew exactly what he was letting himself in for. He had prepared the wall and fitted the necessary ventilation, the requirement of ventilation alone has put off all prospective flueless fire owners I have come across ever since.

Just to check you got the answer to my question right. The first part is a no brainer. It has no flue!
The second part is that its waste gases end up in the room where the fire is fitted. A problem with the fire means that you could end up breathing in carbon monoxide. This has happened when a fire that was supposed to be pre-set was actually mal-adjusted. Unfortunately the installer slipped up and missed the fault which resulted in death.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back