Fitting shower hose ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a shower hose for which I embedded the threaded fixture into the wall before the tiles were fitted, thinking that I had left if proud enough to be almost flush when the tiles were fitted - what I hadn't banked on was the need to pack the tiles out to compensate for an out-of-line wall, which has resulted in the fixture being very recessed (which my tiler didn't think to point out before it was too late!!!) - now trying to fit the right angled piece to which the shower hose will attach, but whilst it's long enough to get a fair way into the fixture, it doesn't reach the end - have found an extender, but again it doesn't go right into the fixture, but it does have a lip which means it tightens completely, although the threded part goes in no further than the right angled piece - but ... here's my problem - if I use the right angled piece with plenty of PTFE tape, even though it's not tight against the end of the fixture, will I be OK - and will I be any better off than using the extender which also doesn't reach the end of the fixture and the only difference is a brass-on-brass lip???

Sponsored Links
A picture would help, generally it's good practise to use as much thread as is possible, how many turns into the fitting can you screw it before you run out?

I can get 4 turns versus 6 to get the right angled piece right in to the fixture (I can get it right in without the fitting that seals the wall and attachs the cover)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back