Fitting Wall Kitchen Units plasterboard/thermalite Blocks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recomend a fixing to use when I install my kitchen in a few weeks, my main concern is the fixings as one of the walls is plasterboard then thermalite blocks and the other is just plasterboard stud wall.

Any ideas....especially if pics of the fixing is available would be massivly appreciated! :D

Sponsored Links
Notch out the backs of the cabinets and use these instead of the standard short hangers supplied. They look like this when installed:

BC864%20Dim%202.jpg

The extra length means that you will be able to find studs and screw through into them (tie the ends in using Redidrivas) and in Thermalite you'll be able to put a lot more fastenings in for each cabinet - your local builders merchants should be able to supply special deep thread plugs for use in lightweight blocks. Whatever you do use long screws (2-1/2in or so) so that if there is a pull out the effect will be to slow it down (screw wedges in hole). If they are going to carry any major weight add angle brackets to the undersides to spread the load - these will be hidden by your light pemnets.

Scrit

If you need long screws, use frame fixings, you can get these up to 6" long if not longer.
Ideal if you need to go further back than normal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back