Fitting wireless thermostat to worcester R 40HE (ZWBR 11-40)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys

I'm trying to fit a wireless thermostat to my mother in laws boiler I've wired up the power to L & N and the external thermostat to 3 and 4 see pic below

Do I need to change any settings on the boiler itself to start using it? I've tried to turn on the boiler with the thermostat and the thermostat equipment is doing what it should but the boiler isn't firing up.

The only settings on the boiler that looks like it can be changed is the manual heating settings - constant on / constant off or automatic.

65gjjky8t

https://postimg.org/image/65gjjky8t/

Thanks in advance
Hass

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
That's the he plus Worcester not compatible with external controls

The Worcester tr2 roomstat is used with it- still available together with the text display that fits onto boiler

My mistake to assume all boilers can be fitted with a wireless thermostat!

Thanks for your reply

That's the he plus Worcester not compatible with external controls

That's odd. The manual I have for a R 30/35/40 HE plus combi, clearly shows the 'Ls' (Live supply) and 'Lr' (Live return) terminals with the associated link in lieu of external controls. I've attached it below, the connections are shown in the bottom left hand corner, next to the mains supply.

Attachments

• Internal wiring.pdf
    60.7 KB · Views: 186
Sponsored Links
If you go up (or down) a couple of pages in the instructions it says something along the lines of "no other controls are needed if tr2 connected" in other words you cant fit any other controls, if you try to use LS and LR the pump runs continually.

The diagram shows a link between Ls and Lr that will be what's keeping it running continually, remove the link and I bet it stops. Otherwise no point in it being there

It's true you don't need any other controls if the Tr2 is connected but it doesn't say you can't fit any.

Ok wait till you have to work on one and then post back what you find.(y)

Boilerdoktor and Picasso are right, They do not work with external controls other than the TR2.
Believe me we've tried.

Interesting, so what does happens when the link between Ls & Lr is removed?

Nothing happens, you need the link in place and input to the built in programmer, you can fool the boiler with a relay and a few resistors to work with an rf or wired stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back