fixed ceiling shower arm and wall plate extention/support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Antony here, first time poster, many times reader ;o)

I'm at the end of the bathroom project and have the ceiling shower to fit and the wall mounted handset outlet both are proving problematic!

The ceiling arm is a nice chrome 1/2" connector but no extension to pass through the ceiling which is about 30mm thick(lavan plaster and 9mm plasterboard!) . I was planing to use a compression wall plate elbow but this would also need a tap extender and leave no adjustment to tighten/raise/lower the shower arm, or a straight wall plate and cut the pipe shorter, but the socket on this wasn't deep enough.

The wall outlet and handset holder also has no thread to pass thought the 30mm of tile and ply, again making the straight wall plate just a little to short.

I have seen 'somewhere' a threaded pipe which is 1/2" female at one end and quickly turns into a long 1/2" male the other end which would solve both issues as i could tape and connect the 1/2" shower and then pass the thread through and use a backnut to lock them in place tight with enough thread for the 15mm pipe and compression nut.

The shower units are all eurobath vardo pieces and I was rather surprised there were no fittings with them at all!

Anyone know what this socket/nipple is called and where i can get one? I've see it and moved along to quickly to realist it was my solution!

many thanks, Antony.

Sponsored Links
You can get tap or radiator extension from about 10mm I think.

Extensions.jpg

these you mean :?:

They're pretty Kev :cool:

Could included the link where to buy them.

Sponsored Links
Hi doitall/Kev, thanks, I've seen those which could assist in the solution, but I would still have to work out the fixing method which still wouldn't have room for adjustment, I thought about a tap extender too, but the same issue on fixing.

I guess I need something between a bush and running nipple... sounds like a wish list for a saturday night..

I always used to keep a 1m length of 1/2" brass nippling for funny jobs.

Hi, I ended up getting a tap extender for the wall mounting and packing the outside bib fitting by 9mm to tighten it up, and a 40mm + 20mm extender for the ceiling shower riser, again with some packing on the bib union to get the level right.

Couldn't find anywhere that sold the 1/2" nippling pipe or even an extended/straight nipple.

if any sources are known, I'd be still interested in changing it to simpler solutions!

thanks for the help, antony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back