Fixed & Free shower head and valve advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to fit a fixed shower head along with a concealed thermo valve in my bathroom. As the fixed head will be a bit 'fixed' I was also wanting a separate small head that I could move about.
There are a couple of questions I would like to know about this set up.

1) If I got an exposed thermo valve, could it be used for both the fixed and free heads or can I just use it for the fixed and have to use a mixer shower tap for the free head?

2) I was wanting to get this head and arm from bathroomheaven.com as someone who was selling it on ebay a while back said he was told it just the water wouldnt splatter to the sides when coming out of the head (unless of course it hit ur body!), I thinking this is due to the design - extra edging on the rim?

Was this person right in what he was told as most heads seem not to have this edging and are cheaper, although I REALLY like the style of arm included and cant find anything like it that doesn't look as clean and as cheaply done and they don't seem to sell the arm separate either!

3) The shower head on the website states 'Head requires 0.3-1.2 Bar Pressure'. I have a 2bar neg pump does this mean its too powerful for this head?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Siberian_Tiger said:
If I got an exposed thermo valve, could it be used for both the fixed and free heads
Yes.

...or can I just use it for the fixed and have to use a mixer shower tap for the free head?
Fit a divertor valve.

Was this person right in what he was told
Who knows? Time will tell. Although most disruption to the jets usually arises from scale and other debris.

The shower head on the website states 'Head requires 0.3-1.2 Bar Pressure'. I have a 2bar neg pump does this mean its too powerful for this head?
It would seem to imply that is is, however 1.2 bar is a ludicrously low maximum, so you'd be wise to check with the supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back