Fixed shower head fitting

Sponsored Links
That would depend on the construction of the wall. If it's a solid wall then you'll have to sleeve and chase in the pipework and avoid using any compression/pushfit fittings that may require future maintenance. If it's a stud wall then running the pipework should be relatively easy, but you'll probably need to install a horizontal noggin to get a secure fixing for the arm that holds the shower head.

As every product is a little different, you'll need to consult the instructions for more specific advice.

Matthew,

Cheers for the reply. Its a stud wall and I have fitted a horizontal noggin with a wall plate elbow like the one below:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/44390/Plumbing/Compression-Fittings/Conex-Wallplate-Elbow-403WL-15mm-x

My problem now is getting a good enough seal for where the arm screws in to the elbow joint. When screwed in tightly, the arm faces the wrong way, ie. the shower head does not face downwards, but to the left.

What sort of washers could I use to pack out the fitting to ensure that when it is tightened the shower head faces downwards.

Its a bit difficult to explain. Will provide pics if required.

Cheers.

Pete

Sponsored Links
ptfe tape, keep winding it on until the head stops in the right place.

Rico

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back