Fixing a Childrens Swing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

I've been given the job of fixing the kids swing more securley to the ground in the garden. It's a tubular metal affair and it needs to be concreted into the ground (?!)

I need it to be fixed into the lawn properly but removable in case it needs to be removed (!) I also dont really want to have the concrete flush with the ground and i dont want anything "sticking up" if the swing was removed.

Any suggestions? I cant think of an obvious way of doing this, but need to get it done this weekend!

Thanks in advance

D

Sponsored Links
Sink some Metpost Post Supports into the ground and fix the legs of the swing to them. They can be pulled out later on if needs be.

g'day to you too!

thanks for the suggestion, do you mean the fence post spikes?

I'm not sure how these could be installed so that there are no sharp/ dangerous parts left above the ground? And i'm sure it needs to be concreted in - it's to meet the requirements of a safety check to allow my partner to become a registered childminder, and therefore has to be as safe as possible!!

thanks anyway tho, and keep the suggestions coming!

D

Would there be any problems with me just digging 4 holes, putting the legs in and filling with concrete? (i know this would stop me from being able to remove it easily but i'm not sure i would need to too much anyway)
How deep would i need to sink the legs and would the concrete "stick/grip) well enough to the legs to hold them firmly?
Could i finish the concrete a few inches below ground level and cover with earth once dried?

Thanks!!

D

Sponsored Links
I went for the easy option in the end - 4 holes x 2 bags of post crete = job done!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back