fixing a fence to a concrete post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have in my garden concrete posts, with wooden panels that slot in, that I recently fitted.

The posts are slotted both sides and the far end one is slotted one side only.
I would assume you can also get them with no slots.

The three remaining wood ones snapped in the recent wind

However by the house I would like to fit long 150mm wide wood slats, that overlap, I think it may be called shiplap. rather than two panels , which are too long and would need cutting.
I have sourced the wood and that is not a problem

As there will may be at least 50 fixings i reckon I feel it not practical to fix into the posts.

Therefore what would be the the best way to fix a wooden post of the same size to the side of the concrete post to fix the slats and keep flush.

As I have yet to buy the concrete posts are ones made without the panel slots and perhaps two holes through to use studding ,nuts and washers to bolt the wood post too.

Iwas thinking 1500mm high with another 300 mm of trellis is there a height limit to whats allowed when it is by the house regarding next doors house

Thanks as always for any help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back