Fixing bath to wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Looking for a bit of advice. I've just bought an acrylic Carron bath and will be fitting it soon. I've fitted a few baths over the years and have always screwed a batten along two walls and sat the bath on them and then just lower the feet and secure. This bath doesn't have any timber under the lip to sit on the supporting batten so I'm not sure how to tackle this. One idea was to gripfill a length of timber under the lip but I'm not sure if that will be secure enough. The bath comes with it's own fixings which are basically plastic clip / hook type things which screw to the wall and the bath lip fits over. Anyone had any experience of these as I may end up using them. Nothing's ever easy. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Having made sure the bath is dead level, and at the correct height for the panel, squirt loads of silicone around the edges in order to make a seal all the way round.
Make sure the bath legs are sitting on rock solid pieces of timber, screw as many of the legs as you can to the floor, and Robert's your avuncular relative.

Ok thanks for your reply and I will be using silicone but would still like it screwed to the wall and not sure just silicone will do the job. Having 3 kids who like to break things, this baths gotta be secure enough for an elephant to sit on. Ta

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back