fixing lcd to false wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:mad: can anybody help? I am building a false wall out of 4 x 4 timber posts at 1200mm apart ,2 at back ,2 at front,at a depth of 350mm away from the original wall,with noggins and putting a kind of like fireplace within it,so it looks set in it (900x560mm).After this has been fully secured to the original wall i am using mdf to board it up .......Now the problem I have is,is there any kind of rawplug fixings or other ideas that would hold a 32in lcd to the 18mm mdf front and indeed would the way i've planned the false wall even hold the thing up at all!!!!! Please help!!!! :mad:

Sponsored Links
I would do it by fixing the back 2 posts to the original wall as you suggest, then connect the outer 2 posts to the back ones by horizontal timber framing - top middle and bottom, this will secure the front 'posts' Then I would put more horizontal framing between the front posts at a height to suit the bracket of your TV, this way you can screw right through the MDF into the timber framing behind.

Unless I am missing something you are going about it the wrong way .
First the 4x4 should be cut down to 4x2 and spaced at 600 centres. Then insert horizontal members (noggins) 1200 up from the floor, The will carry the edge of the cladding as the sheets are 1200 x2400, or units thereof. At this stage work out were your lcd brackets are and insert extra noggins to suit.
Instead of mdf I reccomend that you fix plasterboard to the studding and to avoid plastering you can just scrim and tape the joints.
Hey presto you are then ready for decorating
Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back