Fixing outside light to uneven wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My brother has asked me to help him fit a solar powered light he's bought to an exterior wall of his house. What tips/tricks would you use in this situation where the wall is not flat brick work?

k15ppx.jpg

The light is one of these
21n46k6.jpg

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Two screws will be enough to secure this......decide where you want it to be and then knock off any high stone spots with a hammer until you get it pretty flush......any gaps can be spaced with a stainless washer or similar if you want, and don't overtighten the screws so that it distorts the lamp casing.
John :)

Have one of those, just a couple of screw will secure . Leave loose and will not require any other work. You could even mount just with a little adhesive they weigh very little.

Knock off any high spots on the stone, drill fix with a couple of screws , I would also run a ridge of clear silicone and bed it down in that to stop rain penetration getting into the unit. .

Sponsored Links
Have you given this lamp a quick try in a dark room? I'd be interest to hear your review of it, as I could do with a simple security light myself and this wouuld save a lot of hacking off plaster!

Have you given this lamp a quick try in a dark room? I'd be interest to hear your review of it, as I could do with a simple security light myself and this wouuld save a lot of hacking off plaster!

We got a couple of similar from Lidl cheap enough,( about a fiver) with re chargeable batteries no wiring.

Not Flood light standard but give out sufficient light for driveways and paths .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back