Fixing Toilet To Floor??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to install 2 toilets in my house, 1 upstairs on floorboards, and 1 downstairs onto a concrete floor.

One person has advised me to bed the floorboard one on Plumbers Mait, and the concrete one on sand&cement. Another person has said that just screw them to the floor.

Who's right?

Sponsored Links
Screw them both to the floor m8, but with the upstairs be carefull on the length of screws you use in case there are pipes under the boards. Drill and plug the downstairs loo, mark carefully and all will be well.

If you've not purchased yet, you may find some WC's are supplied c/w plastic floor fixing brackets.

plumbers mait.
drunk-irish-048.gif

Sponsored Links
One person has advised me to bed the floorboard one on Plumbers Mait
I'd like to meet that "person".

That aside, why are you taking advice from "people" instead of professionals? :confused:

I just have taken the advice of professionals, and I'm very grateful to you all.

One last question - If the pan doesn't sit level, is it OK to put a small bit of packing under the base (eg. cardboard) to make it sit level?

Not cardboard or it may get soaked in p***. You can buy plastic spacers that are available in different millimetre increments.

As Nixt has said, cardboard isn't the right thing to use - you need something non-compressible.

I tend to carry round a roll of 4" PVC/bitumen damp-proof course - you can cut strips of this and stack them if you need to.

When you've got the pan level, screw it down (not too hard or you could crack the pan), then pump silicone sealant into the gap to help support it

I just installed a tavistock toilet this morning. Came with plastic fixings. GReat idea, lots of adjustment so don't need to be to accurate when bolting to floor. Great idea!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back