Fixing toilet to floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a new en suite, and am having a couple of problems, the basin, I think I might be ok with, but the toilet pan I also have an issue with. Basically put it in, all ok, but I should screw it down to the floor. The floor is tiled, and where the screws go, I know there are pipes underneath, therefore don’t want to screw it down. The last thing I need is to hit one of rhte pipes, tiles up, blah blah.

I have had a look and some people have grip filled them down, but have llo read that’s not a good idea. What alternatives are there..

Thanks in advance

Bob

Sponsored Links
bed the pan down with a good quality mastic, something like dow corning will hold it well.

Hmm, If I was going to use cement, would Gripfill not be better?

Sponsored Links
To Be Honest i dont think it really makes a big difference what you use, as long as you dont go swinging on it it should be fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back