Fixing toilet to tiled cement floor....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a new toilet off of ebay and its arrived however not sure how to go about fixing it to the floor, the screw holes in the base seem to go in to the base horizontally rather than down towards the floor at an angle - have i been sold a pup?

Any tips on getting it firmly fixed to the floor?

Sponsored Links
Reading it properly it's a +1 for me for the above. I'd suggest a fischer fixing as they are good quality.

Draw a line around the base of the pan. Mark the centres of the pan fixings, step the pan fixings 3mm deeper than the inside edge of the pan. Fish them to the floor and fix to the multi hole fixing.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Cheers, for the tips,

A bit late but this is what i meant:

The red arrow being what id expected to find.

toilet.png

If you bought the toilet off e-bay, check it very carefully for levels and true before trying to fit. Some very wobbly porcelain can creep out of China, which is where I assume yours was made.

Maybe it was sold just because it was impossible to fit?

I once bought a shower enclosure and discovered it was only about 5' 6" tall.

Had to advertise it again as suitable for midgets!

Tony

XXXX MODERATOR XXXX You are not allowed to mention midgets. They are now classed as vertically challenged.

I fitted one the same.

I put 2 blocks of wood on the inside and screwed them flush with the pan base.

Then with a couple of blobs of silicon positioned the toilet in the correct place and left the silicon to dry.

Once dry I removed the screws from the side and lifted off the toilet leaving the 2 blocks of wood in the correct position.

Drilled holes through the wood into the floor (Mainly to mark the positions) and unstuck the blocks. Drilled the floor holes to the correct size for the wall plugs and screwed the wood blocks back into place.

Place toilet back over blocks and rescrew the sides and job done.

Bag of quick setting mortar :eek::LOL::LOL:
Ha, funny you should say that the previous owners had fitted the toilet i removed that way it was a perfect 'mortarcastle' of the underside of the toilet, took me an age to remove both the toilet and the mortar

If you bought the toilet off e-bay, check it very carefully for levels and true before trying to fit. Some very wobbly porcelain can creep out of China, which is where I assume yours was made.
Purchased it from the plumworld ebay site as it was a fraction of the cost of the website - trust pilot reviews seem very reliable

Purchased it from the plumworld ebay site as it was a fraction of the cost of the website - trust pilot reviews seem very reliable
Many companies use ebay as way of shifting substandard merchandise that they can't or won't sell through their usual outlets.
It's the stuff that would previously have been returned to the manufacturer, or thrown in a skip.
Even allowing for refunds on a fair percentage of it, they are still making extra profit.

Time will tell I guess

Listing states: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details

And it came with a 25 year guarantee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back