flashing - under or on top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
heres a pic of where my new roof meets the house,
the tiles are not fitted yet, i just put a few on to see what it would look like,
just wondering about my flashing,
i've got code 4 300mm lead,
should it go under or over the tiles?
i was thinking chase it into the wall then take it down to the truss level then back up onto the battens (to form a little gutter about 10mm wide) and then under the tiles,
cheers,
neil

Sponsored Links
secret gutter will work, you can buy preformed ones in grp if you like.
your fascia height is wrong , maybe tack a batten on the top edge.
underlay should have turned up the wall.

hi,
thanks for reply,
i've got a good six inches of underlay but it's tucked down,
it's actually pulled up now,
as for facia height - there was no facia on when i took the pic - there is now,
thanks again for your reply,
neil

The New Forest lad is right in everything that he has told you in this post and previous post How ever would suggest you goggle GRP secret gutters and have a good read especially the article by roofcnsultant before starting any tiling, as to form secret gutter you have work to do before hand.
If you do not form gutter then buy couple of brollies. :)
Regards oldun

Sponsored Links
And the flashing needs to be chased into the wall not the render.

The reasoning behind mentioning GRP is bcause a properly formed lead secret gutter takes a bit of experience to form correctly... it's not just a matter of bending lead down across and up etc there is timber work to create.. preformed is the easy diy option,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back