flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Can anyone give me an idea of a rough price to replace the flashing on a dormer window for a bungalow. It is currently leaking in the bottom corner.

Just wanted some rough ideas before i call someone in

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the side flashings or the front apron ?
Either way it will be at least 75 quid minimum possibly rising to as much as 200 I would say depending on the amount of lead to replace or fix,the height and accessability and maybe even the type of roof covering you have.This is only my guess from past experience and should not be relied on too heavily.

price depends on a few critical factors.

1/ the size of the dormer.
2/ what coverings are on the dormer, tiles,slates,cladding.
3/ will the window have to be removed to replace the front apron.
4/ will the tiles,slates,cladding have to be removed to renew lead skews.
5/ is there lead valleys.
6/ will the facings have to be removed to strip the dormer coverings.

or possibly it could be a little patch job. :D

Hi. If its one corner leaking? Its may be the lead has just been dressed around, resulting in not enough lap. There are quite a few lead worker in the Bristol area who would make you up a dormer apron corner. However as has been stated access etc can make it difficult to price with out seeing the situation. Good Luck

Sponsored Links
Yeah it's just the one corner. I've had two roofers in who want to re do entire dormer. I just want the corner lead replaced and am now tempted to do it myself because the lead is in short peices going down the side of the dormer and no one seems interested if it isn't going to cost mega money. They have quoted around £900 to also change the felt roof that although needs doing, is still water tight and an easy job for me and a bit of pvc cladding if they break it while gaining access.

Excellent, i'll take a look at what i have and then take another look at the site. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back