flat roof outlet replacement

Sponsored Links
Whats the pipe to the left of the down pipe, ?
Is it going through the roof, looks like an outlet below the down pipe with a shoe on.
What size is the roof, falls ,and are there any parapet walls.
Where is nearest down pipe, apart from the one I see.

Whats the pipe to the left of the down pipe, ?
Is it going through the roof, looks like an outlet below the down pipe with a shoe on.
What size is the roof, falls ,and are there any parapet walls.
Where is nearest down pipe, apart from the one I see.

the pipe to the left was the original rectangular downpipe which went straight throught the flat roof , i assume this was never used because the new square down pipe would not fit.

can the whole lot just be cut out and something like this installed ?

http://justlead.co.uk/lead-roof-outlet-75mm.html

Yes you can fit the lead outlet, you will need to cut the felt, to allow the flange to sit below the felt, if its above you will have pooling.

Sponsored Links
how would i seal around it though ? or would it be better to line the whole gully so it is level ?

Didnt notice it was a lower gulley, but yes renew it, but whatever material you are using needs to go up under the flashing and the drip from main roof.

well the garage has a slight leak also , so i guess the best way is to overlay the lot then.

know any decent roofers lol

Just an idea, re-position the downpipe else where away from the flat roof if possible?

I'm talking about the main roof above so less water on your flat roof the better

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back