Flat roof- serious mould problem - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I noticed some mushrooms growing in the converted garage flat roof (felt). The flat roof was put on 2 years ago. Every time I cleared the mushrooms, they kept coming back and spreading dust everywhere. Anyhow, I took down the ceiling and found what's in the attached photos. Looks very nasty. Cowboy builder who did the work for us is long gone unfortunately. Would all the plywood and timbers need to be replaced (which would mean doing the whole felting/blowtorching above again)

The walls bordering the flat roof have this type of copper plating put over the felt (an alternative to feather edge capping) - could the moisture be getting in this way?

Any advice very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

William

Sponsored Links
Well I have lost count of the amount of sweating flat roofs I have seen over the years. poor practice to much heat, too much insulation and no vents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back